Briefly, brainwaves represent the electrical activity of your brain. They are called "waves" because of the cyclic, wave-like nature of the electrical activity.
The brain is stimulated by our software using brainwave entrainment, which is a means of changing the brain's activity using light or sound patterns.
For more information visit the brainwave entrainment software explanation page.
Entrainment is pronounced IN - TRAIN - MENT. It should not be confused with "entertainment." Although the experience of using this technology can often be quite entertaining, amusement is not the primary goal (in most cases).
Yes it is very safe, but only for those not mentioned below:
Those meeting any of the following conditions, whether knowingly or not, should not use this application:
· Pregnant women
· Those prone to seizures
· Those who are photosensitive
Those who should consult a physician before the use of this product include:
· Individuals under the influence of medication or drugs.
This application is not to be used while under the influence of alcohol or other mood altering substances, whether they are legal or illegal.
Children under the age of 18 are to be examined by a physician for epilepsy or illnesses that may contribute to seizures prior to the use of our software, as they are more susceptible to seizures.
Finally, DO NOT USE THIS TECHNOLOGY WHILE DRIVING OR OPERATING MACHINERY.
Although Transparent products contribute to wellness they are NOT meant to replace medical or psychological treatment or consultation. If you have a serious medical condition please consult with your physician. Ask about brainwave entrainment and work with your physician to choose the right treatments for you.
Neuro-Programmer and Mind WorkStation allow you to export to WAV or MP3, so you can burn to CD or transfer to a portable music player (like an iPod).
Mind Stereo is designed to be used at the computer only.
Yes, all of our software support binaural beats.
Here's some more links about us and binaural beats:
Yes, all of our software support isochronic tones.
We are proud to be one of the few companies to offer a 90 day money back guarantee on our products. This allows you to try our products, risk free, for a full 3 months. If you are unsatisfied in any way, simply contact us and we will refund the full purchase price.
Part of the purpose of this extended guarantee is to allow you to experience the effectiveness of our technology risk-free over a longer period of time. Although the effects are very noticeable and significant results are often achieved within as little as a few weeks or less, 3 months gives you the time to get to know the programs at your convenience and learn to love them as thousands of users already have. It will also give you a chance to experience the friendly, tight-knit community surrounding this innovative technology.
After purchase, be sure to save your receipt and purchase details. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Our products are download-only so that we can provide you with the most inexpensive and high quality solutions available. Downloads allow us to continually update the products as new research becomes available.
We no longer ship CDs. However, you can download our products as many times as you want. Downloads will ALWAYS be available to you, so you need not worry about losing your download or backing up your purchases. If you want, you can download our programs and then burn them to CD yourself; this method would be exactly the same as having a CD shipped to you.
We are often asked to compare our products to others. Although we cannot speak specifically about any particular product here, we can say that our products are the most up to date and well researched brainwave entrainment products on the market today. No other product, to our knowledge, compares (and we have tested nearly all competitive products).
There are a few major differences between us and other companies:
1) We are reasonably priced - Do not be fooled by expensive products claiming that the benefits or "experience" will be worth paying hugely expensive prices. We know what it costs to engineer sound and provide meaningful support for our customers - and it does not cost thousands. We will make you this promise: our products will ALWAYS be priced as low as possible. We are also well known for our speedy, meaningful support. We develop real relationships with our customers, and don't feel that people should have to break the bank to make a real change in their lives.
2) We pay close attention to research and truth - We will never release a product that is not sufficiently researched to the highest standards. We are one of the few companies to have employed a neuroscientist and to have invested heavily in peer-reviewed research. Most of our research is included in the documentation and on the website. Instead of hiding behind "secret" methods and techniques, you can view the content of any session in the editors provided in our software. You are given the chance to evaluate our methods for yourself if you choose.
If you decide not to purchase from us, take this advice with you: Look for references, ask for hard science. If a company makes impressive claims, they should take the time to back up those claims with equally impressive evidence. And if the company claims that a single audio CD can cure everything imaginable, do not be fooled. Save your money, time and effort for something supported by research and marketed as a realistic solution.
3) Our products are designed for long lasting positive change - We have designed all of our products with the hope that someday you won't need to use any product to accomplish your goals. Much of the research on which are our products are based have followed up with their subjects months or even years after the initial study. This research has consistently shown the lasting effects of properly implemented entrainment technology.
4) Our products are more flexible and full featured than any others - While competitive products include only audio components, and a set of static, non-customizable suggestions, our products include everything and are 100% customizable.
Also, our products simply contain more content than others. The basic version of Neuro-Programmer alone includes over 120 high quality Audio/Visual sessions, the equivalent of well over 100 audio CDs. And even more are available through the community. Why include so many sessions? Because that is what it takes to get a product on the market that can truly be flexible enough to make a real difference in people's lives. There is a session for everyone in NP3.
5) Our methods are up to date. Instead of researching once and creating a static product, we are constantly updating our products according to the latest research from peer-reviewed scientific journals, industry experts and even some of our own internal testing. There has been a huge body of research conducted since the 70's when entrainment started to pick up steam, yet most products to this day are still based on the same antiquated research from that era. This is a dynamic industry and new research presents itself every day, so the product you choose to use should reflect that.
6) Our customer service is speedy, personal and top notch - We give personal attention to every customer. We are devoted to not only helping you use our products, but also to helping you transform your life.
7) We have a large, public, online community. Not only is the community a great place to get additional resources like sessions and scripts, but it is also just a great place to chat. You will never visit with a more friendly and hospitable group of people than on our community forums.
The application and documentation are only available in English through our website.
However, we still have a large customer base outside of english-speaking territories. You can record your own voice in any language you wish. And, the Text-To-Speech tool supports voices for other languages as well.
Yes, but only if you have a commercial license. Commercial licensing is available through our TCN Program.
No, unfortunately we cannot allow even our commercial customers to use our ad copy and images.
Why? Because this can cause customer confusion. This would be bad for you and us. Your users might recognize immediately where the text originated from, and if they don't, they might stumble across our website and accuse us of plagiarizing from you.
We recommend using the resources and research we provide to create your own marketing text and images.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6+
512 megs of RAM
1+ GHZ CPU
2 gigs of RAM
2+ GHZ CPU
Stereo and microphone capable soundcard
Modern, DirectX 9 capable video card
Yes, our software is fully Windows 7, 8 and Vista compatible.
Yes, our software is compatible with 64 bit platforms like Windows 7 x64.
Unfortunately, laptop speakers are a common problem. They usually do not have the bass response necessary to accurately reproduce the frequencies needed to stimulate the brain. If you use a laptop, it is highly recommended that you use headphones.
Earbuds are not the same as headphones. Some cheaper earbuds unfortunately tend to lack the bass response necessary for this technology. Also, some do not respond well to the AudioStrobe encoding used in most sessions. Most modern earbuds we tested work fine. However, if you are experiencing problems, try either disabling AudioStrobe or using regular headphones.
Our programs are PC only at the moment, but we are currently working to make Mac versions available. In the meantime, you can still use our software with Parallels or a similar program that allows Windows software to be run on a Mac. If you like, you can contact us and we can put you on a mailing list to notify you when we release any Mac compatible software. This list will be used only for that purpose.
No. Almost all headphones will be sufficient. What matters more is how comfortable the headphones are, since you will be wearing them for long periods.
See our accessories guide on headphones for more information.
No. Audio alone is sufficient for most people. Light frames simply add to a session and increase its effectiveness.
See the accessories guide on light frames for more information.
For some people, it can double the effectiveness of a session, or more. The visual cortex is comparatively much larger than the auditory. However, some people find photic stimulation distracting. So, it is ultimately a very individual preference.
See the accessories guide on light frames for more information.
There is a common misconception that binaural beats, which require headphones, are the only form of entrainment, so we are often asked "How can you produce binaural beats without headphones?" The answer is that we are not producing binaural beats, we are producing brainwave entrainment, which can be induced using ANY repeating stimulus. What makes binaural beats a form of entrainment is that they produce "beats," or pulses of sound which leave individual electrical imprints on the brain. But obviously beats can be produced in ways other than using binaural tones. A drum, for example, could be used to induce brainwave entrainment, if the drummer could keep a very precise frequency for longer than 6 minutes (many cultures, both ancient and modern, have used drums to induce meditative states).
If the method of entrainment does not rely on speaker assignments, it can be used effectively without headphones.
There is often a confusion in regards to the definition of Hertz, or cycles per second. When we refer to Hertz (Hz) we are referring to pulses per second, as opposed to the pitch. The pitch of the stimulus can be anything within the range of human hearing (20-20,000 Hz), but the frequency of sound bursts per second is usually below 20, since the most important brainwaves range from 0 - 20 Hz. It is the pulse, not the pitch, that leaves the electrical imprint on the brain.
Imagine a metronome set at 5 clicks per second. It could be said that the metronome is clicking at 5 Hertz (Hz). You can hear the metronome clicking 5 times a second, because the pitch of the clicks are well within the hearing range.
The confusion here is often because of the marketing of other companies, who claim that binaural beats produce a "third sound" that can be below 20 Hz. This is not true. What occurs is a "beat" or pulse, which consists of the combination of the 2 tones. The same effect can be replicated using monaural beats, drums, flashes of light or any form of repeating pulse. It is the beat that matters, not the pitch.
Got a question? Contact us!