Live Webinar Event
"Brainwave Entrainment: Putting Research Into Action"
September 23-26 -- 6 to 9 pm EST -- $295
This web-based workshop is designed to provide a complete understanding of brainwave entrainment for professionals working with clients, or for anyone who wants to get the most out of their use of BWE. From basic neuroanatomy and the core mechanisms of BWE, to the practical application of research in creating a session with Mind WorkStation, participants will emerge from this workshop confident in their ability to benefit from brainwave entrainment utilizing best practices in the field.
The 4 day, 12 hour program will be led by Ed Mackey PhD, MSN, CRNA, FAPA. He is the founder and current director of The Mind/Body Institute of Applied Psychophysiology at West Chester University of Pennsylvania where he currently teaches in the College of Health Sciences. Dr. Mackey additionally maintains a private practice in neurofeedback, biofeedback and hypnosis.
Also teaching and available for Q&A will be Adam Hewett, creator of the software and co-founder of Transparent, and Joe Verona, General Manager and technical guru for the BWE community.
This class is not simply a pre-recorded video series. The presentation will be live, and each evening the agenda will include ample time for questions from all participants.
We will cover the following topics over 4 separate sessions, running for 3 hours each:
- An overview of brainwave entrainment
Detailed, scientific analysis of the neurological mechanisms behind BWE
Various brainwave frequencies and their associations
Methods for brainwave stimulation
Best practices for ensuring that BWE occurs
- A brief look at aspects of neuroanatomy essential to a full understanding of BWE
- A guided tour through the significance and practical applications of many studies on BWE
Historic research that first proved and validated brainwave entrainment
Research demonstrating specific benefits of BWE, and how to emulate those protocols in MWS.
- Basic and intermediate operation of our Mind WorkStation software
The anatomy of session construction- ramps, rests, spikes in hertz, pitch, colors, waveforms and the significance of these elements.
Basic guidelines and best practices for session construction
Audiostrobe- how to set it up. why the waveforms matter, why the colors matter, and more.
Band pass filtering- getting the best results from patented features unique to MWS.
Measuring/analyzing EEG results with MWS
- The use of BWE in professional practice with clients
Legal considerations and important paperwork
Introducing BWE to clients
Client interaction and techniques for building rapport specific to therapy with BWE
Benefits of attending:
- Q&A: We will include plenty of time for all participants to ask questions- both of Dr. Mackey and of Adam and Joe.
- Completion Certificate: All participants will receive proof of workshop completion.
- Prerequisite Completion: Completion of this workshop may be a prerequisite for more advanced workshops we plan to hold in the future. Registrants for this workshop will receive a discount on future workshops, and the ultimate goal is that this series of workshops will culminate in a certification in brainwave entrainment for those who complete the course.
- Free Video Copy: You’ll get free access to a video copy of the entire workshop to revisit sections you’d like to review, and for your future reference.
Questions about this workshop? Please feel free to contact us here.