Cart
Member's Area

Procyon and Microbeatmini

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daidy

Daidy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

I use NP and MWS for many years now, and I think it's time to go further with an AVS device.

I've read and done some research and my choice now is between the Procyon and the Microbeatmini.

I think I know their differences :
- Procyon has his own sessions, has true 3 colors (RGB), is programmable, standalone and can also work with audiostrobe editors like NP3 or MWS (in this case, it's only 2 colors),
- Microbeatmini is only an audiostrobe decoder (no integrated sessions), with 2 colors (green and red) + white, and seems to be much more convenient than the Procyon to plug into an ipod or a computer.

My question is about the "light show" quality. I would like a device that is good at helping visual imagery.

- Do the 3 colors of the Procyon make a lot a difference compared with 2 colors devices ? And create more vivid imagery experiences than 2 colors devices ?
- Microbeatmini being a more recent device, is the quality of the lights better so it can hold the comparison with the 3 colors of the Procyon ? I've read somes posts of Craig's blog, for ex : http://craigtavs.wor...-microbeatmini/ who says the quality of the display is quite impressive.

I know it's hard to say which is "the best". So if some users have either one or the other, or both, and could share their experiences in the field of visual imagery, creative visualization, etc., that will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot !

#2 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hi,

I use NP and MWS for many years now, and I think it's time to go further with an AVS device.

I've read and done some research and my choice now is between the Procyon and the Microbeatmini.

I think I know their differences :
- Procyon has his own sessions, has true 3 colors (RGB), is programmable, standalone and can also work with audiostrobe editors like NP3 or MWS (in this case, it's only 2 colors),
- Microbeatmini is only an audiostrobe decoder (no integrated sessions), with 2 colors (green and red) + white, and seems to be much more convenient than the Procyon to plug into an ipod or a computer.

My question is about the "light show" quality. I would like a device that is good at helping visual imagery.

- Do the 3 colors of the Procyon make a lot a difference compared with 2 colors devices ? And create more vivid imagery experiences than 2 colors devices ?
- Microbeatmini being a more recent device, is the quality of the lights better so it can hold the comparison with the 3 colors of the Procyon ? I've read somes posts of Craig's blog, for ex : http://craigtavs.wor...-microbeatmini/ who says the quality of the display is quite impressive.

I know it's hard to say which is "the best". So if some users have either one or the other, or both, and could share their experiences in the field of visual imagery, creative visualization, etc., that will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot !

I don't have a Microbeatmini, so I can't comment any farther than I think it has some very desirable features.

I do have a Procyon, and the digital displays are nothing short of astounding! You are limited to Audiostrobe's 2 channel analog signal when using Transparent's products, but the beauty is that the Procyon's operating system is programmable, so when advancements are made, it can be upgraded on the net. MindPlace works closely with Transparent, and I am confident some exiting new features incorporating the two companies will happen soon.

I don't know if the Microbeatmini's operating system is programmable, but in this age of rapid advancement, I would weigh heavy on this feature.
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#3 Daidy

Daidy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

MindPlace works closely with Transparent, and I am confident some exiting new features incorporating the two companies will happen soon.

Sounds very interesting ! I don't know what it will be, but if it could be possible to create Procyon sessions with MWS, that will be just awesome !

The editor of the Procyon doesn't look very appealing... and seems rather hard to use, that's why I really don't fell attracted at this time by the programmable side of the Procyon. I intend to continue to create sessions mostly with MWS.

Can yous say a bit more of these future features or is it too soon ?
Thanks !

#4 Daidy

Daidy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

It's a pity I don't have had more answers and testimonials. Not very active forum here.
Anyway, my choice has gone for a Procyon. Mostly because I found almost no testimonials on the web about the Microbeatmini.
And because I've read some interesting things about the Procyon on the mindplace forum relative to my question.
I hope I will receive it soon to test myself.

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users