Cart
Member's Area

should I loop creative focus sessions? (used while I'm working)

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 temple-Lobe

temple-Lobe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Running, Cycling, Zazen

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hello

I used np2 a few years ago and decided to start using it again, so almost a beginner...

I want to start with the Creative Focus session (brainwave training) which is 30 minutes long. I expect to be working for up to 4 hours at a time (writing being creative, that sort of thing) - should I loop the session or listen to it for 30 min once/twice a day?

a second question: is it ok to include a relaxation session in the same day, or should i only use np2 once a day at the start?

your views and help appreciated

Andy

#2 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hello

I used np2 a few years ago and decided to start using it again, so almost a beginner...

I want to start with the Creative Focus session (brainwave training) which is 30 minutes long. I expect to be working for up to 4 hours at a time (writing being creative, that sort of thing) - should I loop the session or listen to it for 30 min once/twice a day?

a second question: is it ok to include a relaxation session in the same day, or should i only use np2 once a day at the start?

your views and help appreciated

Andy

The Headphone free Creative Focus session in NP2 is a simple 12hz alpha/SMR session. It has no ramp, so therefore can be looped. The headphone version is an asymmetrical session sending 12hz to the left brain and 8.4hz to the right. It does have a beginning ramp, so it is best to scale the session, leaving the ramp alone.

You will have no problem using relaxation sessions with this session. It is only when you are using beta sessions to boost focus should you not do back to back with relaxing sessions. In that case, you would separate by a number of hours such as beta in the morning, theta at night, or alternate days.
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#3 Sixteen

Sixteen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi Andy

If you can afford it, I would recommend you buy yourself a good neurofeedback-headset (they're a lot more affordable these days) and test to see if listening to creative-focus on loop makes a measurable positive difference in your brain activity in addition to your subjectivity and work productivity.

Good luck.

#4 temple-Lobe

temple-Lobe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Running, Cycling, Zazen

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

The Headphone free Creative Focus session in NP2 is a simple 12hz alpha/SMR session. It has no ramp, so therefore can be looped. The headphone version is an asymmetrical session sending 12hz to the left brain and 8.4hz to the right. It does have a beginning ramp, so it is best to scale the session, leaving the ramp alone.

You will have no problem using relaxation sessions with this session. It is only when you are using beta sessions to boost focus should you not do back to back with relaxing sessions. In that case, you would separate by a number of hours such as beta in the morning, theta at night, or alternate days.

thanks for your reply

if i were to go for headphone version then, is it best only to have one session at the beginning of work (being creative), or can it be repeated later for 2nd/3rd session? Bearing in mind I will be doing a relaxation programme at night...

I run 3 times a week and will be using the Athletic Performance / Sports Enhancement session just to confuse matters (but this session will be my priority) -

So, If I do the creative focus on the days i don't run (which are the days when i do most work anyway) and relaxation session 7 nights a week will my brain take all this in?

should i tone it down a little? (excuse the pun)!

I haven't started anything yet so please let me know what you think

Andy

#5 RevR

RevR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

That's a lot of BWE. I did a lot of BWE during a period when I was very excited about the technology and just learning about it. I never had any ill effects with the quantity, but everyone is different. Self awareness is key. I would advocate for moderation, but again, no one knows your situation better than you, the effects you feel, etc. Self awareness is key.

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users