Cart
Member's Area

Neruofeed back vs Brainwave Ent

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Richard McKenna

Richard McKenna

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hi all,

I have a very newbie question I need to ask.

What is the difference between neuro feed back and the brainwave entrainment potential offered by transparent corp?

I understand that NFB can stimulate particular sections of the brain but It is not clear to me how this is achieved.

Can you achieve the same affect with the pendant and other mind games?

Sorry for such a novice question.

R

#2 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hi all,

I have a very newbie question I need to ask.

What is the difference between neuro feed back and the brainwave entrainment potential offered by transparent corp?

I understand that NFB can stimulate particular sections of the brain but It is not clear to me how this is achieved.

Can you achieve the same affect with the pendant and other mind games?

Sorry for such a novice question.

R

Neurofeedback is using an EEG device to monitor your brainwave state. When a desired state such as relaxation is achieved, a device will make this evident, such as a pitch lowering the more you are relaxed, and rising when excited. The practitioner then learns how to achieve the desired state on their own.

Brainwave entrainment is the brain following the frequency of external stimulus such as pulsing lights or sound presented at a specific rate. The stimulus is controlled to bring the user to the desired state of mind.

The two techniques can be combined with MWS and an EEG device such as Neurosky or Emotiv, or biofeedback hardware such as Thoughtstream or IOM. These type of sessions greatly speed up progress and increases success. It is good to have proof of what you are doing is working, not having to rely on "feel".
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#3 Richard McKenna

Richard McKenna

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

Perfect thank you now I understand

#4 Richard McKenna

Richard McKenna

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

With Neuro Feed Back is it possible to alter the brainwave in localized areas externally or is NFB more of a passive tool to help monitor BW and help train the user to reach particular stages them selves where BWE from the NP3 is more of an active tool to achieve particular brain wave states? ie external stimulus to help teach control etc.

#5 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

With Neuro Feed Back is it possible to alter the brainwave in localized areas externally or is NFB more of a passive tool to help monitor BW and help train the user to reach particular stages them selves where BWE from the NP3 is more of an active tool to achieve particular brain wave states? ie external stimulus to help teach control etc.

You can use NFB to train specific areas of the brain by taking EEG readings from the area specified ie the frontal cortex. Entrainment does not target specific areas of the brain, but with an EEG device, you can see if it has an effect on specific areas.
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#6 Richard McKenna

Richard McKenna

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Ok I understand, thank you. I think i need to do some more research, thanks for putting me on the right path.

R

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users