Cart
Member's Area

mindwave

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hi guys! last year I bought a neurosky mindset device but never got it to work. I never sent the device back yet I recently bought a mindwave device which works well,yet I cannot connect it to workstation for the meditation session.The boys at neurosky told me the device follows the same protocol as the neurosky; in fact the brainwave visualizer [comes with neurosky headset] works with the mindwave.Is there a way of connecting the mindwave with workstation?Or is it dependent upon that bluetooth doodad?

#2 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi guys! last year I bought a neurosky mindset device last year but never got it to work. I never sent the device back yet I recently bought a mindwave device which works well,yet I cannot connect it to workstation for the meditation session.The boys at neurosky told me the device follows the same protocol as the neurosky; in fact the brainwave visualizer [comes with neurosky headset] works with the mindwave.Is there a way of connecting the mindwave with workstation?Or is it dependent upon that blurtooth doodad?

Hey Methos! Glad to see back on the forum! :)

Make sure you update the latest versions of NP3 and MWS. You should be able to connect to it now.
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#3 methos

methos

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thanks! Never really left I just changed occupations[law enforcement for the goverment,worked President Obama's detail twice] and had to go through a lot of physical and mental training.Which is the real reason I never sent the neurosky device back or didn't trip when I could not get it to work.Now...if only waverider[or magnus] makes an appearance,then we can put the band back together.Good to see Graig back! A lot of new applications out there-mynd play,cheap neurofeedback systems, when one reads and compares old posts from the forum, it truly appears the golden age may be upon us.

#4 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks! Never really left I just changed occupations[law enforcement for the goverment,worked President Obama's detail twice] and had to go through a lot of physical and mental training.Which is the real reason I never sent the neurosky device back or didn't trip when I could not get it to work.Now...if only waverider[or magnus] makes an appearance,then we can put the band back together.Good to see Graig back! A lot of new applications out there-mynd play,cheap neurofeedback systems, when one reads and compares old posts from the forum, it truly appears the golden age may be upon us.

Yes, getting the band back together! We're on a mission from God! :P

It sure does look like a promising future in this area. And I guess we are the pioneers!
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#5 CraigT

CraigT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hi Methos,

I think of you often - every time I see the folder full of bits and pieces you provided. Sounds as though you've had an interesting chunk of life to keep you amused. I've had a very strange year and caring about AVS again feels good.

EEG has taken a back seat as I have arrived at the conclusion that focusing on tight brain rhythm bands is a dubious ambition. My view is that a broadband increase in activity is more desirable and that's not something readily measurable with a basic EEG - deviation from all-band baseline being more readily discerned than nett increase across all bands. Sessions that support subjective experience are of greater interest to me, having developed a strong sense of what a state should feel like. Occasionally I hook up the Pendant to verify that what I think is happening really is.

There's been new alliances forming as well... in addition to renewed work with MindPlace (a couple of sessions released via their SoundCloud... http://soundcloud.com/mindplace), I've come to enjoy the MicroBeat Mini (http://www.microbeat...oduct_info.html) as a convenient AudioStrobe device and expect to soon have some sessions released by them.

Mind Workstation is the only dedicated AVS development tool I use - Audacity and DarkWave Studio doing the bits that MWS can't. MWS is an awesome piece of software, but there's still a few niggly problems and things that could be better, but I can see that for Adam it's a case of diminishing returns - very few people would notice the improvements that I would find desirable and there's nothing that can't be worked around.

Anyway, good to see you here again :)

Cheers,
Craig
http://craigtavs.wordpress.com/

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users