Cart
Member's Area

Analog vs Digital

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ayda2000

ayda2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi,
I am looking for guidance in understanding and setting up the best way to utilize the software for my sessions. I use transparent corp products in my hypnosis and habit programming (NLP) sessions and I also use Analog sound creator for sound health sessions.
I am having a bit of a trouble understanding Analog vs Digital waves. One of the requirements for the sound sessions is that they are analog - they must be delivered in an analog format.
Can you help me understand the difference in Digital vs Analog waves and how I can setup the products to deliver analog waves - I know it also depends on the speakers etc. But I am looking for a way to integrate analog waves with specific frequencies to add to my sessions.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 CraigT

CraigT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

Hi,

Once you hear a sound it is analog - our auditory system is analog.

The distinction between analog and digital depends on the source. Any natural sound or that from a tape or vinyl is analog. Analog sound is a continuous spectrum. A CD or anything output from a computer is digital. A digital source quantises the sound, taking samples at intervals - a standard CD for example samples at 44.1kHz (44100 samples per second). Each sample is converted to an analog level - 8 bits gives a possible 256 levels, 16 bits gives 65,536 levels.Typical hearing ranges to about 20kHz and a sample rate of more than twice that is indistinguishable from an analog source (extreme audiophiles will dispute this). Some speakers, headphones and amplifiers are specifically designed for use with digital sources - they include filters to eliminate or smooth the sampling transitions.

For the purpose of audio entrainment it doesn't matter in the slightest. 8 bit digital audio will work perfectly. Most computers and entrainment software use 16 bit or better. Again, for this purpose speakers/headphones/amplifiers designed for use with high fidelity digital input are not necessary - any half-decent equipment will serve most adequately. Audio files, such as MP3, refer to a sample rate in kbits/second - 32-64kbit is adequate for plain audio while a minimum of 128kb is required to retain AudioStrobe signals.

Beyond this there is the matter of personal aesthetics - some combinations will sound better to you. If you're intending to invest heavily then it's worthwhile finding a dealer who will allow you to trial the equipment with your own audio content.

Cheers,
Craig

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users