Cart
Member's Area

Healing and Harming Sounds

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Psychology, Medicine, General Science, Celtic, Chinese, & Japanese History, Mythology, Creative Writing, Cartography, Biofeedback, Forensics, Skepticism, and a bunch of other things I didn't mention.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Karen Stollznow article in eSkeptic.

http://www.skeptic.c...eptic/11-12-07/

#2 BrainWaveTraveler

BrainWaveTraveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

Karen Stollznow article in eSkeptic.

http://www.skeptic.c...eptic/11-12-07/

What are your thoughts on that article?

#3 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

What are your thoughts on that article?

As a practitioner of Chi Kung (Qigong) and martial arts, I am familiar with the 6 healing sounds and the ki-ai. The healing sounds are supposed to resonate frequencies related to the major organ systems of the heart, lungs, kidneys, spleen, liver, and the triple warmer to detox and balance the chi in those organs and their related meridians. The meditations are thousands of years old and may have some merit, but no one knows for sure if we are doing them correctly. Seems like a lot of the good stuff got lost during the communist revolution. I have practiced them for a number of years. It seems to have an effect, although I can't really prove it. You just feel better after doing them.

The ki-ai or the shout martial artist do, is helpful for increasing adrenalin and psyching out your opponent. It does expel the air out of the lungs quickly, making you more solid and prevents you from getting the wind knocked out of you. I have never seen anyone kill a bird with a shout, as legend says the masters were able to do, as this ki-ai master demonstrates.
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users