Cart
Member's Area

Subliminal Messages [Harmonic Box]

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 poly

poly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

Hello,

i want to create a session with subliminal messages regarding weight loss. After searching around, i found that the ideal frequency should be set to 7.5hz.

My question:

1. Should i use tones or noise?

2. If i use tones:
2.1 Should i use isochronic /binaural /monoaral?

3. Regarding the harmonics Box:

3.1 Should i use that technique? is it more powerfull?

if yes

3.2 According to this thread:
http://www.transpare...ox&fromsearch=1

For example:

- Create 2 Tone tracks. Right click to access their options and change the entrainment options to Binaural.
- For the first track, also under options change the high rate reference to 10.
- For the second track, under options change the high rate reference to 10 and the base pitch to 180. Also change the base pitch of the lower reference to 98.
- Click each node on the second track and inverse the voices (or right click-> Apply settings to all)

are these the setting taht i should use to every session?

==============
5 Please let me know if this is correct:

I have created 3 tone tracks ==> 1 isochronic, 1 Binaural, 1 Monoaural

Start Freq 16hz down to 10hz==> over 3min
Then it stays at 10hz for 3 min [for the brain to catch up]
then from 10 hz down to 7.5hz==> over 2min

stays at 7.5hz for 20 min ==> subliminal messages

Then from 7.5hz to 16 hz over 5 min

===========================

This might be really stupid to most of you, but i have no experience with this technology

Thanks

Poly

Edited by poly, 23 April 2010 - 03:21 PM.

#2 waverider

waverider

Volunteer Forum Support

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hello,

i want to create a session with subliminal messages regarding weight loss. After searching around, i found that the ideal frequency should be set to 7.5hz.

My question:

2. If i use tones:

if yes

==============

This might be really stupid to most of you, but i have no experience with this technology

Thanks

Poly

The best way to answer all these questions is to try them out for yourself and see what works best for you.

Some points:

It's not usually tones or noise, most people would use tones and noise. The tones would do most of the entrainment work, while the noise softens the sound of the tones a a bit and puts you in a more receptive state. You could also use the background sounds that NP supplies rather than noise. Whether you add any entrainment filter to the noise/background is up to you - i've always preferred to just use them straight. You can of course just use noise/background without tones, but that probably won't be as powerful.

As for what kind of tones, in theory isochronics are the most powerful. But, it's not all about the most powerful stimulus. If your brain resists the stimulus it won't have the desired effect, which is why it would be good for you to experiment with the others. Harmonic box x gives a combination of binaural and monaural beats, some of which are 2x and 3x the desired beat. So you don't get entrainment only at the desired frequency. But because all those pitches and beats can be entrancing, it can have a more powerful effect. Personally tho, they didn't do much for me. But again, try them out.

Why is 7.5 hz the ideal frequency? That's very high theta, you could try going to 6 hz (or lower) and see if it puts you in a deeper trance, which would be more effective for the subliminals. What subliminals are you using? You do know there's quite a bit of controversy if they actually work or not? How about just using the audible recordings that NP uses? Since you're in a suggestible state anyway, there should be no need for subliminals even if they do work.

Your session sounds fine. I would suggest experimenting with just one type of beat also, to see how that works. I've found that the fancier I get with sessions, it often has the opposite effect, ie it seems to be less powerful. But again, we're all different so experiment with what works for you. For trance work, I think the background you use is very important - does that help to put you in a receptive state?
Disclaimer: being volunteer forum support in no way makes me an expert, and my replies should be viewed with the same skepticism as anybody else on this forum.

#3 poly

poly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hello waverider,

thanks for letting me know this. I will definately try to go to low theta 6hz and bellow.

My question:

1. if you want to create a tra ck that starts from 16 ==> 10 ==> 6hz, do you simply plot the nodes that create such a track, or do you have to "play" with the bit rate to pitch ratio?

2. is there a significant importance to:

High rate reference
Base pitch

If you modify those does it change the effect of the session?

3, if someone can explain what is and how they are used [examples==> i mean when do you want to set X settings, and when would you set Y settings]

High rate reference
Base pitch

Once again Thanks

Poly

#4 waverider

waverider

Volunteer Forum Support

• PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Hello waverider,

thanks for letting me know this. I will definately try to go to low theta 6hz and bellow.

My question:

1. if you want to create a tra ck that starts from 16 ==> 10 ==> 6hz, do you simply plot the nodes that create such a track, or do you have to "play" with the bit rate to pitch ratio? Your choice. All that does is lower the tone pitch as the beat drops - it can be helpful to help guide your brain down. More important IMO, is making sure that the pitch is some multiple of the beat - it prevents interference between the two waveforms. But that really only becomes important when you use tones with no background, where the interference is more easily heard.

2. is there a significant importance to:

High rate reference
Base pitch

If you modify those does it change the effect of the session? See above

3, if someone can explain what is and how they are used [examples==> i mean when do you want to set X settings, and when would you set Y settings] It's not complicated. Say your beat is decreasing from 15 to 5 hz. High rate reference just just tells the program what you want your pitch to be at 15 hz beat - say 150 hz. Low rate would tell it what you want the pitch to be at 5 hz - say 100 hz. Then the program would drop the pitch between 150 and 100 hz as your beat dropped. Unless my session has a lot of nodes, I prefer to set the pitch for each node individually, as I said, some multiple of he beat. But then I wasn't using ramping very much in my sessions anymore - when you ramp between two nodes the program will just naturally alter the pitch as you ramp down, unless the pitch is the same for both nodes.

High rate reference
Base pitch

Once again Thanks

Poly

Disclaimer: being volunteer forum support in no way makes me an expert, and my replies should be viewed with the same skepticism as anybody else on this forum.

#5 poly

poly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

waverider,

thanks for your quick reply.

1. since i am new to this, it all looks greek to me, and "i am concerned", not to make any fatal mistakes, that is why i keep asking. So you reccomened setting the up an low pitches for each node individually.

2. i remember, hearing a session where the tone was "moving" from left to right ear. Maybe it was the voice as well. How can i do that? [like having a wave that starts from left and goes to the right.

2.1 Moreover, can i do that with voices?

3. You told me taht i should go with a freq 6hz and below regarding subliminals. Is the purpose to make the subject completely relaxed==> low theta [6hz]?

If you want to make them receptive to your suggestions what is the frequency to use? [it certainly depends upon each person, but as a general guideline i am asking]

Thanks

Poly

#6 waverider

waverider

Volunteer Forum Support

• PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

waverider,

thanks for your quick reply.

1. since i am new to this, it all looks greek to me, and "i am concerned", not to make any fatal mistakes, that is why i keep asking. So you reccomened setting the up an low pitches for each node individually. Since you're new, I recommend not worrying too much about the pitch. Maybe just pick a pitch you like and set all nodes to that. 110hz, A, has been found to have a hypnotic effect for instance. The default setting for NP is 180.

2. i remember, hearing a session where the tone was "moving" from left to right ear. Maybe it was the voice as well. How can i do that? [like having a wave that starts from left and goes to the right. I don't think you can make the tone do that. You can do it with background tracks tho, by using auto pan modulation. It only sounds sound is moving left to right if you use a very low delta beat. Or do you mean having the tones alternate? I'm not all that familiar with NP3, but it looks like you still have to use two tone tracks for that, set one full left, one right, and set the starting phases 180 degrees apart. There may be an example session included that shows you how to do that. Look for the word alternating in the title.
2.1 Moreover, can i do that with voices? Yes, the recordings customization allows you to have the voices pan left to right.

3. You told me taht i should go with a freq 6hz and below regarding subliminals. Is the purpose to make the subject completely relaxed==> low theta [6hz]? Actually I said around 6 hz. Some people have negative reactions to lower theta, but try it out and see. But yes, the more relaxed you are, but still aware, the better.

If you want to make them receptive to your suggestions what is the frequency to use? [it certainly depends upon each person, but as a general guideline i am asking] Depends on each person. That's why NP3 now has that bio optimization feature, where you can use a biofeedback device to see at what freqs the subject is most relaxed, and then NP3 will adapt your session to those freqs.

Thanks

Poly

#7 Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Psychology, Medicine, General Science, Celtic, Chinese, & Japanese History, Mythology, Creative Writing, Cartography, Biofeedback, Forensics, Skepticism, and a bunch of other things I didn't mention.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

i spent a while working up a reply to your questions.

RE: 1.) You would add noise or a background sound file to make the sessinon more listenable as waveridder pointed out.

RE: 2, 2.1 & 5.) I'm mostly going to focus on 2 right now, but some stuff that would apply to 5 is in this section.

You don't want each of the 3 tone tracks you created playing at the same time. Your going to end up with something that doesn't "drive" the brain as desired if you do.
You can alternate between the 3 diffrent types of tones during a session though.

Isocronic tones of the three types do produce the strogest response on an EEG. However, some pople don't like the sound of them. Playing with the volume of the isocronic tone can be what makes the difference in making an isocronic tone listenable.

Monaural beats come next in effectiveness. In a monaural beat two tones are played that have diffrent pitches. The larger pitch is called offset and the smaller is called the carrier. When the two tones combine they produce a "beat". An example of this is if I play atone with a pitch of 147Hz and another pitch with of 140Hz a 7Hz beat is When listening to this a person's brain will start going to mostly 7Hz brain waves.
The two tones are combined outside of the ear in the case of monaural beats. This is how the beats of most forms ofmusic is made. Do note that a lot of confusion over Hz does exist. For a good explination of this See the NP3 Help File FAQ section on Brainwave Stimulation.

Binaural beats are last in effectiveness. They are similar two monaural beats but the "beat" is formed inside of the head made from the diffrent pitches played in each ear, Most people can't detect bianuarl beats and you see a lot of false claims made about what they can do on the internet. Ones's ability to detect a binaural beat can also varry at diffrent times due to several reasons. Binaural beats do have a relaxing and hypnotic effect though.

If the pitches involved in making a binaural beat make a beat less than 3Hz, the sound percived will give an auditory illusion that it is moving around inside of the listener's head.

A good source to read on binaural beats is the Oster Article.
You can download a PDF of it at the link bellow:

http://www.transpare...?showtopic=1508

As you drop the "beat" frequency you want to make each drop lower take more time.

A good general guideline is to drop 1Hz or climb 1Hz for every minute. Note that in the begining of a session you may want to use a longer time period than a minute, as some people can be restless and anxious at the start of a session.

In some cases ramping isn't needed in a session. This is usually when you aren't tring to target a certain brainwave frequency.

In cases where you are going to ramp. Several choices for ramping exist.

These are as follows:

a.) Just making a start node for your starting frequency and an end node for the frequency you wish to get to, and just going from node to your end node.

b.) Ramping in steps or plateaus is another way to ramp. In this method you drop or climb a frequency and after every 2-3Hz or so of drop or climb, you stay at that frequency for a few minutes so the brain can "catch up" to thay frequency.

This can be the most effective way to "drive" your brain to a certain frequency, but the session will not be short as this method takes time.

Another benefit of this method is that the entrainment will be strong and not superficial.

c.) Ramping down or up in spikes is the third method, you can do.

In this methodyou ramp to a frequency and then ramp down or up from it slightly before ramping down even further down or up. This makes a "spike" pattern instead of a "stair" pattern as you get in the steps or plateau method.

This method is not as strong as the steps or plateau method, but it is great for hypnosis and inducing hypnotic states, as the strength of the entrainment isn't a primary concern.

As the target frequency gets slower (12 or lower), it becomes harder for the brain to entrain to it, so more ramp and catch up time must be provided. Generally, every new ramp or p;ateau should be .25 (25%) - .5 (50%) minutes longer than the last. When ramping back up every succeding ramps and plateaus should be .25 (25)% - .5 (50%) minutes shorter than the last.

The intensity should be increased too when entraining lower tones.

RE: 3. & 3.1 ) Harmonic Box method has not been shown to have any benefit in any studies I am aware of. However, as was pointed out in the thread you mentioned users do find it can produce some interesting states and some find it more effecitvie than binaurals alone. You can expirament and see how this method works for you.

You may find the following diagram helpfull in understanding how the harmonic box work. This diagram is in James Mann's book, Awakening Mind I Creating Sound and Light Sessions on Advanvanced Programable Mind Machines, on page 43.

NOTE: VOICE= 1 TONE (PITCH)

Offset Frequency
|
LEFT CHANEL | RIGHT CHANNEL
VOICE 1 v VOICE 2
330 <-------------7 hz.-------------> 337 <-- Voice
^ \ / ^ Frequency
| \ / |
Monaural \ X cross over / | Monaural
Beat-->21 hz. |--- 14 hz. ---| 7 hz. <--- Beat
| / Offset \ |
| / Frequency \ |
v / \ v
351 <-------------7 hz.-------------> 344 <--Voice
VOICE 3 ^ VOICE 4 Frequency
|
|
Offset Frequency

RE 5.) This is a conituiation of stuff related to 5 as I covered some stuff connected to 5 in answering 2 & 2.1.

First subliminal audio messeges have been shown not to work in studies with good controls. Visual subliminals are another matter entirely and are debatable.
The NP2 manual had some very good imformation on Subliminals that I copied for you bellow:

"5.1.7 The Myth of Subliminal Messages

This topic was written to help dispel many of the myths regarding Subliminal Messages and similar
products, since we are asked about them often.

We researched subliminal messages quite extensively before producing NP, and even conducted
many of our own tests. If, during our research, we had found even the slightest trace of
effectiveness, we would have integrated them into the application.

What are Subliminal Messages?

By definition, subliminal refers to that which is below perception. "Sub" meaning below and
"Liminal" meaning the threshold for sensory perception.

Subliminal messages have also been called Subliminal Affirmations, Silent Sounds, Ultrasonic,
Subsonic, SupraSonic Sounds/Messages and various other names. Although the methods may
differ, the lack of impact of these methods on behavior is the largely the same.

Subliminal Messages: Fact or Fiction?

The effectiveness of subliminal messages is one of the most wide spread myths of all time.

It all seems to have started with a 1957 marketing agent named James Vicary, who claimed to
have increased popcorn sales by 58% and Coke sales by 18% in a New Jersey movie theater by
flashing the messages "Drink Coca-Cola" and "Hungry - Eat Popcorn." Although it was later
admitted by Vicary that he fabricated the results, this hoax is, to this day, still mentioned as proof
of the effectiveness of subliminal messages. You can find it mentioned in subliminal message
products all over the world, including numerous computer applications, even though nobody has
ever reproduced the results claimed by Mr. Vicary.

The belief in subliminal messages probably reached its peak in 1974 when the FCC banned
subliminal messages from advertising, probably more as a response to public paranoia than
anything else. One survey showed that 68% of the public believed in subliminal messages.
Surprisingly, this number may be even higher today.

The January 1991 issue of the University of California, Berkeley, Wellness Letter noted that
double blind tests have consistently shown that subliminal tapes fail to produce their claimed
effects. There is also no evidence that subliminal messages actually affect behavior. Interestingly
enough, "One research team noted a 'non-specific placebo effect' ... tapes without subliminal
messages produced a greater effect that those with them"! In a separate study, Timothy E. Moore
showed that subliminal tapes didn't even meet the minimal criteria for perception. This means that
if subliminal messages are perceived at all, it isn't by the brain. He concluded that it is highly
unlikely that they have any effect at all, much less a significant effect on behavior or thought
patterns. [Glendon College, York University. Subliminal Self-help Auditory Tapes: An Empirical
Test of Perceptual Consequences.].

What about subliminal advertising?

Clever advertising is too often referred to as "subliminal". For example, an ad that integrates
sexual themes without overtly showing intimacy, may be referred to as being subliminal. Although
many people may not notice subtle advertising methods, they are still well within sensory
perception, and are not really related to subliminal messages that cannot be perceived, which is
what this article refers to.

Conclusion

There may be subliminal phenomena, and there is certainly a lot our conscious mind does not
perceive, but flashing messages that cannot be seen or playing affirmations below the limit of
human hearing, has not been proven to have a significant effect on behavior. A simple online
search of "Subliminal Messages" reveals the above information, so be sure to keep a skeptical
mind when dealing with subliminal message programs.
Hypnosis, affirmations, visualization - these are proven, time-tested, NON-subliminal methods
used by therapists, clinicians and professionals all around the world. For this reason, NP2 is
focused on providing these methods as opposed to anything subliminal."

-from the NP2 User Manual PDF Version pages 108-109. (This info is in the NP2 User manual that is part of NP2 in the Imortant Concepts/Mind Programing/The Myth of Sublimial Messages section.)

See also the link bellow:

http://www.skepdic.com/subliminal.html

So you want to use a standard hypnosis script.

Now the question is do you want to go with a single induction script or a dual induction script? Neither is better than the other. So try both and see wich one works best for you.

For your main session to start the script try the low alpha range or the theta range for your frequency to go to for your hypnosis messeges.

Theta will pull you in to a deeper trance.

Hope that help.

Hello,

My question:

2. If i use tones:

if yes

==============

Thanks

Poly

#8 brewmasher

brewmasher

Technical Guru

• PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Interests:Chi Kung, Tai Chi, Meditation, Gourmet Cooking, Cycling, Scuba Diving, and Brainwave Entrainment of course!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

i spent a while working up a reply to your questions.

RE: 1.) You would add noise or a background sound file to make the sessinon more listenable as waveridder pointed out.

RE: 2, 2.1 & 5.) I'm mostly going to focus on 2 right now, but some stuff that would apply to 5 is in this section.

You don't want each of the 3 tone tracks you created playing at the same time. Your going to end up with something that doesn't "drive" the brain as desired if you do.
You can alternate between the 3 diffrent types of tones during a session though.

Isocronic tones of the three types do produce the strogest response on an EEG. However, some pople don't like the sound of them. Playing with the volume of the isocronic tone can be what makes the difference in making an isocronic tone listenable.

Monaural beats come next in effectiveness. In a monaural beat two tones are played that have diffrent pitches. The larger pitch is called offset and the smaller is called the carrier. When the two tones combine they produce a "beat". An example of this is if I play atone with a pitch of 147Hz and another pitch with of 140Hz a 7Hz beat is When listening to this a person's brain will start going to mostly 7Hz brain waves.
The two tones are combined outside of the ear in the case of monaural beats. This is how the beats of most forms ofmusic is made. Do note that a lot of confusion over Hz does exist. For a good explination of this See the NP3 Help File FAQ section on Brainwave Stimulation.

Binaural beats are last in effectiveness. They are similar two monaural beats but the "beat" is formed inside of the head made from the diffrent pitches played in each ear, Most people can't detect bianuarl beats and you see a lot of false claims made about what they can do on the internet. Ones's ability to detect a binaural beat can also varry at diffrent times due to several reasons. Binaural beats do have a relaxing and hypnotic effect though.

If the pitches involved in making a binaural beat make a beat less than 3Hz, the sound percived will give an auditory illusion that it is moving around inside of the listener's head.

A good source to read on binaural beats is the Oster Article.
You can download a PDF of it at the link bellow:

http://www.transpare...?showtopic=1508

As you drop the "beat" frequency you want to make each drop lower take more time.

A good general guideline is to drop 1Hz or climb 1Hz for every minute. Note that in the begining of a session you may want to use a longer time period than a minute, as some people can be restless and anxious at the start of a session.

In some cases ramping isn't needed in a session. This is usually when you aren't tring to target a certain brainwave frequency.

In cases where you are going to ramp. Several choices for ramping exist.

These are as follows:

a.) Just making a start node for your starting frequency and an end node for the frequency you wish to get to, and just going from node to your end node.

b.) Ramping in steps or plateaus is another way to ramp. In this method you drop or climb a frequency and after every 2-3Hz or so of drop or climb, you stay at that frequency for a few minutes so the brain can "catch up" to thay frequency.

This can be the most effective way to "drive" your brain to a certain frequency, but the session will not be short as this method takes time.

Another benefit of this method is that the entrainment will be strong and not superficial.

c.) Ramping down or up in spikes is the third method, you can do.

In this methodyou ramp to a frequency and then ramp down or up from it slightly before ramping down even further down or up. This makes a "spike" pattern instead of a "stair" pattern as you get in the steps or plateau method.

This method is not as strong as the steps or plateau method, but it is great for hypnosis and inducing hypnotic states, as the strength of the entrainment isn't a primary concern.

As the target frequency gets slower (12 or lower), it becomes harder for the brain to entrain to it, so more ramp and catch up time must be provided. Generally, every new ramp or p;ateau should be .25 (25%) - .5 (50%) minutes longer than the last. When ramping back up every succeding ramps and plateaus should be .25 (25)% - .5 (50%) minutes shorter than the last.

The intensity should be increased too when entraining lower tones.

RE: 3. & 3.1 ) Harmonic Box method has not been shown to have any benefit in any studies I am aware of. However, as was pointed out in the thread you mentioned users do find it can produce some interesting states and some find it more effecitvie than binaurals alone. You can expirament and see how this method works for you.

You may find the following diagram helpfull in understanding how the harmonic box work. This diagram is in James Mann's book, Awakening Mind I Creating Sound and Light Sessions on Advanvanced Programable Mind Machines, on page 43.

Offset Frequency
|
VOICE 1 v VOICE 2
^ \ / ^ Frequency
| \ / |
| / Offset \ |
| / Frequency \ |
v / \ v
|
|
Offset Frequency

RE 5.) This is a conituiation of stuff related to 5 as I covered some stuff connected to 5 in answering 2 & 2.1.

First subliminal audio messeges have been shown not to work in studies with good controls. Visual subliminals are another matter entirely and are debatable.
The NP2 manual had some very good imformation on Subliminals that I copied for you bellow:

"5.1.7 The Myth of Subliminal Messages

This topic was written to help dispel many of the myths regarding Subliminal Messages and similar
products, since we are asked about them often.

We researched subliminal messages quite extensively before producing NP, and even conducted
many of our own tests. If, during our research, we had found even the slightest trace of
effectiveness, we would have integrated them into the application.

What are Subliminal Messages?

By definition, subliminal refers to that which is below perception. "Sub" meaning below and
"Liminal" meaning the threshold for sensory perception.

Subliminal messages have also been called Subliminal Affirmations, Silent Sounds, Ultrasonic,
Subsonic, SupraSonic Sounds/Messages and various other names. Although the methods may
differ, the lack of impact of these methods on behavior is the largely the same.

Subliminal Messages: Fact or Fiction?

The effectiveness of subliminal messages is one of the most wide spread myths of all time.

It all seems to have started with a 1957 marketing agent named James Vicary, who claimed to
have increased popcorn sales by 58% and Coke sales by 18% in a New Jersey movie theater by
flashing the messages "Drink Coca-Cola" and "Hungry - Eat Popcorn." Although it was later
admitted by Vicary that he fabricated the results, this hoax is, to this day, still mentioned as proof
of the effectiveness of subliminal messages. You can find it mentioned in subliminal message
products all over the world, including numerous computer applications, even though nobody has
ever reproduced the results claimed by Mr. Vicary.

The belief in subliminal messages probably reached its peak in 1974 when the FCC banned
subliminal messages from advertising, probably more as a response to public paranoia than
anything else. One survey showed that 68% of the public believed in subliminal messages.
Surprisingly, this number may be even higher today.

The January 1991 issue of the University of California, Berkeley, Wellness Letter noted that
double blind tests have consistently shown that subliminal tapes fail to produce their claimed
effects. There is also no evidence that subliminal messages actually affect behavior. Interestingly
enough, "One research team noted a 'non-specific placebo effect' ... tapes without subliminal
messages produced a greater effect that those with them"! In a separate study, Timothy E. Moore
showed that subliminal tapes didn't even meet the minimal criteria for perception. This means that
if subliminal messages are perceived at all, it isn't by the brain. He concluded that it is highly
unlikely that they have any effect at all, much less a significant effect on behavior or thought
patterns. [Glendon College, York University. Subliminal Self-help Auditory Tapes: An Empirical
Test of Perceptual Consequences.].

What about subliminal advertising?

Clever advertising is too often referred to as "subliminal". For example, an ad that integrates
sexual themes without overtly showing intimacy, may be referred to as being subliminal. Although
many people may not notice subtle advertising methods, they are still well within sensory
perception, and are not really related to subliminal messages that cannot be perceived, which is
what this article refers to.

Conclusion

There may be subliminal phenomena, and there is certainly a lot our conscious mind does not
perceive, but flashing messages that cannot be seen or playing affirmations below the limit of
human hearing, has not been proven to have a significant effect on behavior. A simple online
search of "Subliminal Messages" reveals the above information, so be sure to keep a skeptical
mind when dealing with subliminal message programs.
Hypnosis, affirmations, visualization - these are proven, time-tested, NON-subliminal methods
used by therapists, clinicians and professionals all around the world. For this reason, NP2 is
focused on providing these methods as opposed to anything subliminal."

-from the NP2 User Manual PDF Version pages 108-109. (This info is in the NP2 User manual that is part of NP2 in the Imortant Concepts/Mind Programing/The Myth of Sublimial Messages section.)

See also the link bellow:

http://www.skepdic.com/subliminal.html

So you want to use a standard hypnosis script.

Now the question is do you want to go with a single induction script or a dual induction script? Neither is better than the other. So try both and see wich one works best for you.

For your main session to start the script try the low alpha range or the theta range for your frequency to go to for your hypnosis messeges.

Theta will pull you in to a deeper trance.

Hope that help.

Excellent post Jay! Heck, I think it deserves to be pinned at the top!
The above post may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of Transparent Corp.

#9 Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Psychology, Medicine, General Science, Celtic, Chinese, & Japanese History, Mythology, Creative Writing, Cartography, Biofeedback, Forensics, Skepticism, and a bunch of other things I didn't mention.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

The diagram for the Harmonic Box isn't showing up correctly for some reason.
It looked fine when I previewed the post.
See the attached file instead.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Box.txt   917bytes   18 downloads

#10 Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

Thanks brewmasher. I just went and made a post to fix the harmonic box diagram. If it were to be pinned I'd want to addd a bit more and clean up any typos that I may have missed.

Excellent post Jay! Heck, I think it deserves to be pinned at the top!

#11 poly

poly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Since you're new, I recommend not worrying too much about the pitch. Maybe just pick a pitch you like and set all nodes to that. 110hz, A, has been found to have a hypnotic effect for instance. The default setting for NP is 180.

1. I guess you mean double clicking on each node and setting the Pitch to 110.Is that right?

===========

Jay_Nola,

thank you for your diagram and for clearing things out.

All i want to do is to create a session [or use one from the list], that really relaxes the brain and puts you into a receptive state.

After reading all the replies, i guess i either complicated things, or dont have the knowledge required to understand how it is done.

2. Please let me know what would you suggest for the above situation [create a session, that really relaxes the brain and puts you into a receptive state.. if you could lay out the settings to make easier for me to understand. I want to create a 30 minute session, ans Start / End script: 5min / 25min

==========
The way i thought oif doing it is:

Start Freq 14hz down to 10hz==> over 3min
Then it stays at 10hz for 2 min [for the brain to catch up]
then from 10 hz down to 6hz==> over 3min

stays at 6hz for 17 min [WITH SPIKES UP TO 7.5 hz] ==> subliminal messages

Then from 6hz to 16 hz over 5 min

3.1 TONES: What kind and how many tones should be used [you suggested based on effectiveness:ISO , Mono, Binaural]

3.2 TONE OPTIONS:
WHAT should be used for High/Low Rate Refference and High/Low Base Pitch [both at 110 hz?]

3.3 TONES NODE
What should i put for Pitch at every node? [110hz?]

4. or if you could simply propose something that you feel will have a very relaxing effect and will put the subject into a receptive mode for the scripts to work

=========
Regarding the Harmonic box:

5.1 thank you so much for laying it out. I was wondering if you could let me know where to enter these settings:

Offset Frequency
|
VOICE 1 v VOICE 2
^ \ / ^ Frequency
| \ / |
| / Offset \ |
| / Frequency \ |
v / \ v
|
|
Offset Frequency

5.2 can you add many voices[i gues in NP voice is 1 track right?]

Thanks guys, i greatly appreciate for pointing a blind man towards the light

Poly

#12 Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

I've attached a NP3 file showing that harmonic box made for NP3.

Did you watch the video tutorials for NP3? You see how to make a simple session in that.
Also look at how the sesion made that are included with NP3 are made and reverse engineer them. That is a very effective way of learning to use the software.

Note that you can start to incorporate all sorts of tricks into designing a session to make it more effective. A few of those were in the previous post I made. For a beginer it is best to start slow and to start making sessions with some of the other techniques slowly over time. I don't even ue some of the featues that the software gives me i notice in most sessions I make.

It is very easy to over complicate things. Several methods, also do exist for doing the same thing. So do beawre of that, and some methods may be easier than others.

From what you have posted I think the session your descriping looks something like the attached on I titled "question" and attached. Is this correct?

If yes. I would have made the drop down have a few more steps before hitting the 6Hz. I'd drop down in 2Hz or 1Hz Steps. Your session length is looking like it is going to be about 60 - 90 minutes if you use steps.

I'd also take more time on the drop to 6Hz about 30-40 minutes or longer. Have your suggestions start to play not at the first minute or to at 6Hz and to stop aminutes or so before the climb up.

I made a sample session that drops in 2Hz and I set session time at 60 minutes using steps for the climb down. I've attached it.

In the sample I did I spent 8 minutes on the climb up with a 2 minute stay at 14Hz. If my session time were set a bit longer I would have spent 10 or minutes on the climb up go longer and my stay longer at 14Hz longer.

Using this I made a quick session that I've attached. Note that my drop and catch up times increase. I didn't plug in a specific formula and just used a simple increase of 1 minute for each time of length for drop and catch up as I was in a hurry.

I added a background track of rain.
I'm using isocronic tones as that is the most powerfull form of entrainment with sound I can use.
However I may need to go in and adjust tone volume and intesity. depending on how this session works.

Hope that helps.

Attached Files

#13 poly

poly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Thanks Jay,

i will try what you are suggesting, and i am sure not long from now i will have a sound understanding on how everything works, and be able to create the sessions i want.

Once more,

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

Poly

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users