Cart
Member's Area

Entrainment during sleep!

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

OK, I'll keep this short and simple enough to get my point across.

I've been using entrainment for over 15 months now, and I've recently been interested in its benefits for sleep. I would like to start using NP2Pro to make my own sleep session, yet I want to get some feedback on you folks in terms of what you think.

My idea:

When its time for bed, I put my headphones on (maybe light goggles too, future idea) and start listening to a sleep induction/delta session. After it has taken me down, the soundtrack would continue to run non-stop through other frequencies found during sleep. Down to healing, up to dreaming, up to alpha, back down to dreaming, etc. It would take the listener through the ebb and flow of sleep that is naturally comfortable for the mind. (I have severely generalized my ideas here, I have many ideas about specific frequencies, perhaps using an EEG machine to study my brains ebb and flow, etc.)

Then when its time to wake up, the frequencies then (still non-stop) go up towards alpha, then beta for a wake-up/energy session, while playing vocals such as "wake up, its time to get up" in a nice soothing voice, and then my affirmations run as I wake up. If I want to work out, I could possibly attach a workout session/gamma to the end. When its fully time to get up, the soundtrack stops, I get out of bed feeling SO very rested, refreshed, and ready for the day as if I just condensed 24 hours of sleep into 6-8 hours. (estimation)

Also, this could function as a Holosync replacement, training your mind on lower and lower carrier frequencies. Furthermore, it could be a great time to train your mind on specific low frequencies like immune support, healing, etc etc.

Here is the break-down in short:

Bedtime - Beta, down to Alpha for meditation, down to Theta for lucid dreaming, down to Delta for healing and deep sleep.
During sleep - Oscillate between Delta, Theta, and Alpha sleep frequencies as if really sleeping.
Time to wake up - continue up to Alpha, then Beta, perhaps Gamma for a pre-workout session.

I have not yet started working on the creation of this soundtrack, although I am currently in the process of making a wake-up CD for my alarm clock CD player. I am thinking of starting it at Alpha, bringing it up into the Wake-up and Energy/Motivation frequencies, and then fading out after 30 minutes of playback. I tried a throw-together of this one morning already, I could tell it helped slightly.

Anyway, anyone have thoughts on this? Experience, wisdom, anything?

I'm going to start working on all of this very soon, and its main function is for my own personal use. If I find it works, I might take it further.

Thanks!
Andrew

#2 waverider

waverider

Volunteer Forum Support

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

OK, I'll keep this short and simple enough to get my point across.

I've been using entrainment for over 15 months now, and I've recently been interested in its benefits for sleep. I would like to start using NP2Pro to make my own sleep session, yet I want to get some feedback on you folks in terms of what you think.

My idea:

When its time for bed, I put my headphones on (maybe light goggles too, future idea) and start listening to a sleep induction/delta session. After it has taken me down, the soundtrack would continue to run non-stop through other frequencies found during sleep. Down to healing, up to dreaming, up to alpha, back down to dreaming, etc. It would take the listener through the ebb and flow of sleep that is naturally comfortable for the mind. (I have severely generalized my ideas here, I have many ideas about specific frequencies, perhaps using an EEG machine to study my brains ebb and flow, etc.)

Then when its time to wake up, the frequencies then (still non-stop) go up towards alpha, then beta for a wake-up/energy session, while playing vocals such as "wake up, its time to get up" in a nice soothing voice, and then my affirmations run as I wake up. If I want to work out, I could possibly attach a workout session/gamma to the end. When its fully time to get up, the soundtrack stops, I get out of bed feeling SO very rested, refreshed, and ready for the day as if I just condensed 24 hours of sleep into 6-8 hours. (estimation)

Also, this could function as a Holosync replacement, training your mind on lower and lower carrier frequencies. Furthermore, it could be a great time to train your mind on specific low frequencies like immune support, healing, etc etc.

Here is the break-down in short:

Bedtime - Beta, down to Alpha for meditation, down to Theta for lucid dreaming, down to Delta for healing and deep sleep.
During sleep - Oscillate between Delta, Theta, and Alpha sleep frequencies as if really sleeping.
Time to wake up - continue up to Alpha, then Beta, perhaps Gamma for a pre-workout session.
I have not yet started working on the creation of this soundtrack, although I am currently in the process of making a wake-up CD for my alarm clock CD player. I am thinking of starting it at Alpha, bringing it up into the Wake-up and Energy/Motivation frequencies, and then fading out after 30 minutes of playback. I tried a throw-together of this one morning already, I could tell it helped slightly.
Anyway, anyone have thoughts on this? Experience, wisdom, anything?

I'm going to start working on all of this very soon, and its main function is for my own personal use. If I find it works, I might take it further.

Thanks!
Andrew

No wisdom, but go for it.

I've tried all kinds of sleep sessions, including trying the sort of cycle you talk about, or just delta all night. Nothing works for me, I sleep best when I leave entrainment alone, do that in the daytime as meditation. For one thing, when we lie down our body prepares us for sleep by shutting down our senses, including hearing (not completely of course). So for me this hasn' worked.

But for others it seems to work. Theres a session in library called Oursleep by that tries to follow a 90 min sleep cycle, meant to be looped all night. The person who submitted it said it helped him with his apnea. I know someone who uses holosync while going to sleep, and he says it works well for him.

So, as usual, YMMV, and the best thing to do is experiment with what works for you. The Oursleep sessions would seem like a good place to start, maybe preceded by the sleep induction session that takes you down to delta.

good luck.
Disclaimer: being volunteer forum support in no way makes me an expert, and my replies should be viewed with the same skepticism as anybody else on this forum.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

No wisdom, but go for it.

I've tried all kinds of sleep sessions, including trying the sort of cycle you talk about, or just delta all night. Nothing works for me, I sleep best when I leave entrainment alone, do that in the daytime as meditation. For one thing, when we lie down our body prepares us for sleep by shutting down our senses, including hearing (not completely of course). So for me this hasn' worked.

But for others it seems to work. Theres a session in library called Oursleep by that tries to follow a 90 min sleep cycle, meant to be looped all night. The person who submitted it said it helped him with his apnea. I know someone who uses holosync while going to sleep, and he says it works well for him.

So, as usual, YMMV, and the best thing to do is experiment with what works for you. The Oursleep sessions would seem like a good place to start, maybe preceded by the sleep induction session that takes you down to delta.

good luck.

Hmm, good idea. I'll check out the Oursleep session. I use holosync while going to sleep too. I dont have a problem sleeping, but I would love to have the effects of better, deeper sleep if I could!

I'll post here with my results with it. Anyone else have ideas in the mean-time?

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

I cannot seem to find Oursleep in the library here. I searched in each category, perhaps I have overlooked it?

#5 waverider

waverider

Volunteer Forum Support

• Volunteer Forum Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

I cannot seem to find Oursleep in the library here. I searched in each category, perhaps I have overlooked it?

Sorry - in the lib it's called simple sleep pattern for apnea - it's called oursleep once you import it to NP.
Disclaimer: being volunteer forum support in no way makes me an expert, and my replies should be viewed with the same skepticism as anybody else on this forum.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:26 AM

Ok, its been 4-5 months now... I'm still looking for something that will do this!

I found SleepTracker (google), its a watch you wear and it will wake you up when it senses you are in light sleep cycle.

There must be a way to just play a track of entrainment all night and get better sleep.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• R&D Participants
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:54 AM

By the way, while talking about Sleep and Entrainment, check out my other discussion about how-to make the best L&S bed setup.

L&S Synergizer AC Power!

Old topic!
This is an old, inactive thread. Threads cannot be replied to after a long period of inactivity (usually 60 days since the last post).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users